HERE AT SB HAIR SALON WE TAKE YOUR PRIVACY VERY SERIOUSLY.
That’s why we’ll always keep your data safe and secure. But, just so you know, here’s why we need it and how we use it. If you have any questions on any of this, please contact us at: email@example.com
THIS PAGE COVERS OFF INFORMATION INCLUDING:
- who we are,
- how and why we collect, store, use and share your personal information,
- your rights in relation to your personal information, and
- how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
WHO WE ARE
SB HAIR SALON (‘we’ or ‘us’) collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
a) Personal information you provide to us
We collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
- your name;
- your address;
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your telephone number.
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
- When registering for an account;
- When making a purchase;
- When signing up for our newsletter.
- b) Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
- shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
- shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf; and
- shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad.
- c) Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor communications such as emails and telephone calls for the following purposes:
- quality assurance;
- training purposes;
- fraud prevention purposes;
- other legal compliance.
- d) Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Similar technologies include web beacons, action tags, local shared objects (‘flash cookies’) and single-pixel gifs. Such technologies can be used to track users’ actions and activities, and to store information about them. We use these cookies and/or similar technologies on this website.
- how many times you visit our website;
- which pages you visit on the website;
- your location;
- your IP address;
- what website you came from;
- information to and from your social media profiles for marketing purposes.
This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this information may be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
In addition it should be noted that in some cases our cookies or similar technologies may be owned and controlled by third parties who will also collect personal information about you.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
- identify you;
- manage any accounts you have with us or our website;
- process your order;
- conduct analysis on our website and systems;
- analyse your purchase preferences;
- fraud detection and prevention;
- marketing to you via social media and other paid advertisement.
WHO YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED WITH
We may share your information with:
Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
We will not share your personal information with any other 3rd parties.
We would like to send you information about products, services, offers, competitions and our business which may be of interest to you. Such information could be sent by post, email, telephone, text message or automated call.
We will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information (i.e. on purchase, signing up to a newsletter, entering a competition etc). If you do opt in to receive such marketing from us you can opt out at any time (see ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information). If you have any queries about how to opt out, or if you are receiving messages you do not want you can contact us using the details provided below.
WHETHER PERSONAL INFORMATION HAS TO BE PROVIDED BY YOU, AND IF SO WHY
The provision of the following information is required from you:
- E-mail address;
- Phone number;
- Payment details;
This is to enable us to do the following:
- Name and address – for delivery of products and fraud prevention.
- E-mail address and phone number – to provide order and delivery updates.
- Payment details – to process your order and fraud prevention.
We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT
We will hold your personal information for the following periods:
- For as long as you are a customer with us;
- If you haven’t logged onto our website for three years we will delete your information from our systems.
- These periods are no longer than necessary in each case.
REASONS WE CAN COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information:
CONSEQUENCE OF OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The consequence to you of our use of your personal information is:
- We will recommend products to you based on your preferences;
- We will make automatic recommendations to you via social media advertising.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include the following examples:
- user accounts are secured by username and password;
- all data is stored on secured servers within the United Kingdom;
- all data is sent via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Indeed, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR INFORMATION OUT OF THE EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data to the following countries outside of the European Economic Area:
These transfers will be undertaken for the purpose of
- Personal information is sent to our database servers in the United States;
- Personal information is processed by our third-party processors in the United States.
Any transfers to these countries will be undertaken on the basis that that country, territory or one or more specific sectors in that country, or an international organisation ensures an adequate level of protection.
For more information on the basis of any non-EEA transfers, our safeguards or Commission details, please contact us as described below. We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
CHILDREN AND THE VALIDITY OF CONSENT
Where we obtain consent from any user we will take reasonable steps to ascertain whether the user is over 16 years of age and whether the child is sufficiently informed to give valid consent. If the user is not, parental consent will be required to provide consent for the processing of any personal information.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (http://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving license, passport or a recent credit card/utility bill)
- let us know the information to which your request relates
On all of our communications, we also have other methods to unsubscribe (opt-out) from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. Where such methods are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
- By an e-mail, if opted-in;
- By a notice placed on the SB HAIR SALON website.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
post: 6 Livingstone Circus Kent, ME7 4HA
SB HAIR SALON
6 Livingstone Circus Kent, ME7 4HA
Calls will be answered at the following times:
Monday-Saturday: 10am-7pm GMT
Sunday: 10am-4pm GMT
Our data protection officer is Miss Folashade Annette Aboderin
We may record calls for quality and training purposes